Sunday 16 January 2011

Poems for/about Teachers and Quotes...

Poem to go with a teacher gift:
For teaching children lessons,
to help them as they grow,
Let this gift remind you,
You're the best teacher we know!

~*~
Poem to go with a teacher gift:
I chose this special present because I wanted you to know,
That I'm grateful for your hard work in helping me to grow.
For your constant understanding and for always being there,
To tell me I can do it and to show me that you care!

~*~
“A teacher affects eternity; he can never tell, where his influence stops.”

“Nothing in education is so astonishing as the amount of ignorance it accumulates in the form of inert facts.”

Henry Brooks Adams quote

~*~
One Hundred Years from now
(excerpt from "Within My Power" by Forest Witcraft)
One Hundred Years from now
It will not matter
what kind of car I drove,
What kind of house I lived in,
how much money was in my bank account
nor what my clothes looked like.
But the world may be a better place because
I was important in the life of a child.

~*~
Poem by Kevin William Huff
Teachers
Paint their minds
and guide their thoughts
Share their achievements
and advise their faults

Inspire a Love

of knowledge and truth
As you light the path
Which leads our youth

For our future brightens

with each lesson you teach
Each smile you lengthen
Each goal you help reach

For the dawn of each poet

each philosopher and king
Begins with a Teacher
And the wisdom they bring

~*~

No comments:

Post a Comment